What’s happening in Summer 2020?
Spring has been beautiful and relatively dry for the early portion. We do anticipate another summer drought where the grass will be going into dormancy. As a result of this most contracts, especially those without irrigation, we will be mowing bi-weekly. Caring for dormant lawns means lessening foot traffic, watering a minimum of ½ “ per week, and mechanical removal of any taproot weeds. Make sure to order water bags for the trees from Contour Landscaping!
Any labor saved on mowing will be spent on pruning, weeding, and resetting edges where needed. This season you will see us doing the following:
• Clearance Pruning is our priority as we move through all sites
• Pruning and shearing early Spring blooming shrubs and plants like
heathers, forsythia, pieris japonica, lonicera etc.
• Pruning and shearing of laurels, photinias, euonymus, spireaes, etc
after the early blooming shrubs are finished
• Rhododendron deadheading
• Continued weeding rotations throughout all areas of sites
• Removal of dead limbs in trees and suckering growth from the bases
• Deadheading roses in August to extend bloom time
• Clean up of leaf drop from garden beds
• Mechanical removal of turf weeds